As a way to inform passengers and the public in general and to avoid overcrowding, SCL, the Dirección General Aeronáutica Civil (DGAC) and the Ministry of Public Works are permanently developing the campaign “Clues for the Good Traveler”.
The tips are the following:
• If you are traveling abroad, arrive to the airport at least two hours and a half in advance. If you are going within national boundaries, arrive at least hour and a half in advance.• Before traveling, remember to ask the International Police officers about the documentation you are required to present to leave the country. (www.investigaciones.cl)
• Remember that parents traveling with their children must present additional documentation such as the family record book, birth certificates, notary public authorization, among others.
• Prefer the electronic previous check if your airline allow it.
• Once you have checked with the airline, enter immediately the Departing Lounge to avoid overcrowding areas with all pertinent documentation at hand.
• Don’t carry sharp, pointed objects in your handbag.
• If you are traveling to EE.UU. or Europe, you can carry with you up to 100 ml of liquids (including creams, gels and sprays, not including babies food or juices, and medicine on doctor’s orders labeled with the passengers name) at the moment of checking your hand luggage in DGAC control points. Liquid amounts greater than those allowed must be carried inside the luggage, or otherwise they are going to be confiscated.
• Avoid wearing clothes with metallic embedded objects, for they can activate the departing lounges detectors.
• Do not pick up nor accept to carry third parties’ luggage.
• There are more than 70 shops that sell handcrafts, souvenirs and jewelry, among other products, and four Duty Free shops to buy what you need. We also have 21 restaurants with a wide range of food supply.
• Any doubts can be answered at the information desks• Remember not to bring organic food into the country, such as fruits and vegetables.• As a security measure, use only the Airport’s authorized transportation